We started with a detailed collaborative analysis of the problem space to determine what was working and what needed improvement. We found that some of the main issues were that the existing app took the user to a new page each time they looked at a result, breaking their cognitive context, and that filtering information was challenging due to the number of filterable options.
Following our critique session we held workshops to solve existing frustrations and define an ideal state, which then led us into collaborative design sessions to solidify these ideals onto paper.
Once we’d refined our designs to a group consensus, we iterated our design to the point of a medium-fidelity prototype, which we tested with users in both one-on-one and public guerrilla approaches. After collating feedback, we revised the design based on our testing insights, and converted it to a high-fidelity prototype ready for development.
We then collaborated on implementation, providing front-end development support to Healthdirect to turn our designs into reality.
The end result is an interface that keeps the user on a single page without needing to transition elsewhere for further information, and shows only relevant information when viewing healthcare services and filters. The aesthetic was kept minimal, user-friendly, and WCAG AA accessible in order to promote ease of use and access.
We also helped Healthdirect form a roadmap for future improvements that had been uncovered through ideation and user testing, to ensure that the service could continue to grow and improve in subsequent phases.
It’s exactly what we asked for… it feels exciting, it feels like the future.