We are looking for a self-motivated and passionate Practice Manager to lead our product design and development practice.
Our Practice Manager is responsible for developing long-lasting customer relationships by delivering superb professional services. You will lead our amazing product design and development team and be responsible for the P&L of our professional services practice. You strategically manage the pipeline of work and the team, to optimise utilisation while prioritising client needs. You coach ownership within the team, encouraging them to problem solve when needed. You ensure client reference-ability through delivering excellent value and achieving agreed outcomes. You are adept at nurturing executive-level and senior leader relationships and work to identify further sales opportunities within the business. You are resilient, approachable and overall, have the emotional intelligence to positively influence our developing culture.
Scope of the role
Project delivery and optimisation
- Be responsible for the P&L of the team
- Maintain a people allocation view of active and forecasted projects to identify resource shortages and downtime periods
- Work closely with the Business Director to drive sales and ensure team utilisation is optimised
- Monitor and take appropriate measures to meet utilisation targets
- Responsible for work allocation and setting up projects with the right people on the job
- Regularly report to the directors of the business on project and practice performance
- Be proactive with the foresight to problem solve, manage client expectations and support the team to keep projects running smoothly
- Monitor the overall status of projects, manage client expectations and buy-in and ensure we are delivering to agreed project outcomes
Leading our team
- Develop an understanding of the team's core skills and competencies to build a strong team
- Cultivate a culture of continuous improvement and maximise the use of any downtime for process improvement and developing new skills
- Anticipate hiring needs and opportunities to grow the team
- Keep track of latest industry offerings to ensure that we're selling and developing relevant skills
- Play a vital role as part of the management team in leading and driving the business forward
Growing existing client relationships and Airteam advocates
- Responsible for establishing rapport and maintaining a regular presence across active projects to grow the relationship and lead into new projects
- Work closely with our team to identify and pursue sales opportunities from on-the-ground Airteam crew
- Provide negotiation advice across a variety of digital projects and actively listening to the concerns of stakeholders and uncovering any objections to a proposal
- Provide commercial and strategic guidance on business developments, including proposals, scoping out work and cost/time estimates
Essential skills and experience
- You are a highly organised, people-first person. You must be an excellent communicator with experience in software product creation.
- You have 5+ years in a similar role. For example, account management, scrum master, project management.
- You have a demonstrated financial literacy, specifically around budgeting and profit and loss and a track record of meeting or exceeding KPI’s.
- You must have a passion for building teams, strong client relationships and a fascination for new technology.
What you’ll get from us
- Competitive salary, super and opportunity to join the employee share ownership scheme
- Supported learning with an annual personal development budget and time off for training
- Your choice of tech setup and tools to help you do amazing work
- Work/life balance with flexible hours, working arrangements and paid time off
- Regular team events, birthday celebrations and an annual Airteam party
- Be part of a growing company with a friendly, supportive and positive culture
- Enjoy variety of work from exciting startups to big corporations and government
If you like the sound of what you've read and want to join a studio that strives to build things better, we'd love to hear from you.
Our hiring process is simple
- Fill in the application form to introduce yourself.
- Screening call to chat about you and the role.
- If the screening call goes well, you will be invited in for a behavioural based interview.
- References and final decision are made after our interview.
A small but very important note - applicants must be in Australia and eligible to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all applicants including people of different ages, gender, ethnicity, physical ability, sexual orientation, religious belief, work experience, educational background.
We prefer not to work with recruiters. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes sent from recruiters. Thanks!